How do I help?
Counselling services at Cairis are delivered with non-judgement, compassion, gentleness and empathy. I truly believe in the inherent worth, dignity and beauty of each individual and it comes through in my tone, tenor and words. I make every effort to bring a calm, affirming and hopeful presence.
Together we get we explore your hurt, fear and anxiety with curiosity, patience and compassion. Through a gentle and caring process we come to understand what is at the core of each distressing emotion or behavior. Knowing this we help each part of you come to wholeness and healing. In this process people find a their own inner-courage and compassion.
Ultimately, we help heal the emotional wounds and trauma. The painful memories now can be left in the past, and the release of shame helps restore relationship with partners, family and friends.
At the heart of my approach is IFS or Internal Family System’s. I’m also guided by Brene Brown‘s work on wholeheartedness and shame, and more classic forms of talk therapy like Narrative Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I believe in a holistic approach that takes in to consideration trauma, unhelpful beliefs and patterns, emotional wounds and burdens from the past.
What else makes Cairis Counselling unique?
- I offer counselling in person and online. To make the best possible online counselling experience I have high quality lighting, a state of the art camera and a good microphone.
- I am a husband, father of 3, successful business person, with a wealth of experience from experiences in for profit and non-profit organizations. Some are looking for a specifically male counselor for similar reasons some seek out female counsellors.
- My focus is more on deeper inner healing than just offering techniques and coping skills. There are lots of options for people that are seeking that kind counselling from drop-in clinics to employee assistance plans.
- Unlike the online counselling services, there are no monthly or weekly fees. You are billed for each session individually, and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment without charge.
- There is a convenient online booking platform, with automated reminders and booking notifications. It is simple and convenient to schedule, reschedule or cancel appointments.
- For those that desire it, we can incorporate Christian spiritual practice to help in the healing journey.
- I’m located on the 10th floor of the Skyline Business Center in the CIBC building downtown Saskatoon. Complimentary tea and coffee are available, as well as a spacious, clean, comfortable attractive waiting room. This building has a excellent climate control system and I have nice view of the river and the River Landing towers.
How much does it cost?
$120 for a 50-60 minute session.
Are your services covered by benefit plans?
As a Canadian Certified Counsellor my services are covered by many benefit plans. Potential clients are encouraged to check with their benefits provider to see if services are covered. You can find my credentials here.