Counselling Services and Approaches
How do I help?
Counselling services at Cairis are delivered with non-judgement, compassion, gentleness and empathy. I truly believe in the inherent worth, dignity and beauty of each individual and it comes through in my tone, tenor and words. I make every effort to bring a calm, affirming and hopeful presence.
Together we get in touch with each part and with curiosity, patience and compassion seek to understand it’s beliefs, pain and fears. This process helps people discover the beliefs people hold deep down that they didn’t realize they hold. They come to see where their anger and fear comes from. This helps put to at end to inner conflict that can come about from warring parts.
As people’s true nature emerges people develop compassion for themselves and learn to accept themselves.
Ultimately, we help the wounded parts let go of their pain and fears. The painful memories now can be left in the past, and the release of shame helps restore relationship with partners, family and friends.
My approach to counselling is informed by Internal Family System’s, Brene Brown‘s work on wholeheartedness and shame, and more classic forms of psychotherapy like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I believe in a holistic approach that takes in to consideration trauma, unhelpful beliefs and patterns, emotional wounds and burdens from the past.
What else makes Cairis Counselling unique?
- I offer counselling in person and online. To make the best possible online counselling experience I have high quality lighting, a state of the art camera and a good microphone.
- I am a husband, father of 3, successful business person, with a wealth of experience from experiences in for profit and non-profit organizations. Some are looking for a specifically male counselor for similar reasons some seek out female counsellors.
- My focus is more on deeper inner healing than just offering techniques and coping skills. There are lots of options for people that are seeking that kind counselling from drop-in clinics to employee assistance plans.
- Unlike the online counselling services, there are no monthly or weekly fees. You are billed for each session individually, and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment without charge.
- There is a convenient online booking platform, with automated reminders and booking notifications. It is simple and convenient to schedule, reschedule or cancel appointments.
- For those that desire it, we can incorporate Christian spiritual practice to help in the healing journey.
- I’m located in the Annex Suites business center in the CIBC building downtown Saskatoon. Complimentary tea and coffee are available, as well as a spacious, clean, comfortable attractive waiting room. This building has a excellent climate control system and I have a relatively spacious office.
How much does it cost?
The first introductory session is $60. After that the standard rate is $100 for a 50-60 minute session. I offer discounts for students and for others who might not be able to afford counselling.
Are your services covered by benefit plans?
I am private pay only. This enables me to offer services to anyone in North America, it simplifies my processing and helps keep the cost down. While some benefit programs are good, many offer small amounts of coverage while forcing you go to expensive therapists to qualify for them. Employment Assistance programs often restrict the number of sessions you can have and the even the types of therapy offered. Private-pay therapy is more confidential. You can get help for whatever problem you want and nothing affects any health or life insurance premiums you pay. For my American clients you have the benefit of the currency exchange rate reducing the cost by about 25%.
Some research suggests that people who pay for mental health treatment have better outcomes. Even at $100 / session it doesn’t take many sessions before my clients would be financially better off than using their benefit plans and going to other practitioners that charge $150 or more per session.