Counselling for Christians
In my approach to counselling I integrate proven, clinical, evidence based approaches to therapy. For those that prefer I can integrate my approach with Christian spirituality. I tailor my approach to be suitable for the majority of Christian’s from Protestant, Evangelical, Catholic and Orthodox traditions. Sometimes it is nice to be able to talk about matters of faith, or church or God with a Christian therapist without having to explain what it all means.
You’ll find a safe space at Cairis counselling if you are a person of faith or not, or aren’t quite sure any more. With my client centered approach I partner with you for your healing according your values and goals.
My approach is guided by the following principles:
- Everyone has inherent dignity and worth
- Trauma and shame alienate us from our human and spiritual relationships
- The path to healing is found in grace, self-compassion and hope
- The undesirable behaviors in our lives are often caused by misguided parts of ourselves trying to cope with unnecessary fear or pain
- If we heal the pain and relieve those fears we progress to a better life and healthier relationships
- This process requires an atmosphere of non-judgment, compassion and empathy in counselling.
I offer the first session for only $60 so can see if there is a good fit without having to spend to much. I offer discounts for low income and student clients.
If you have any questions feel free to email, call or text me at 306-700-4314 or go online and book an appointment.